Inspiration
What is inspiration? Do we really need inspiration to do something in life? We need inspiration in different point of our lives. We need inspiration to meet life’s challenges. Inspiration gives us courage when we are at lowest point of our lives. It helps us to come out of the pool of tragedy, failure and misfortune. Furthermore, it gives us confidence to try new things in life. It also teaches us to take risk and excel in small things that we come across in life.
What exactly is inspiration? Yes inspiration’ sometimes can be just a simple smile. We don’t need to spend so much energy to inspire some body. Sometimes just the presence of our family and our loved one can be inspiration. They need not do any miracle to evoke our inner selves.
Ever since my childhood, I have been listening to the stories of great heroes, scientists, philosopher and all the great achievers but never in a life time I was so much inspired to do anything. During my school, Dzongkha teacher used refer some of us as “do gu chu lu do zum” which literally means pouring water over a rock, no matter how many gallons of water you pour, the rock remains the same stiff rock. Now I came to the realization,why they have used that phrase over and again.
Recently, I listened to a talk from a social worker who lost his vision when he was eight years old. He completed all levels of studies his without having been able see what exactly a school looks like. He shared that his life itself was a struggle. He had successfully acquired the highest degree of education despite so many rejection and disgrace. He shared how he translated the whole textbooks in Braille in his undergrad school.  I was so touched by his painful experiences.
His stories of struggle made me reflect back to my life which is just like a blank page in the book of existence. His achievement made me realize that I have wasted twenty one years of my life. Isn’t this enough to inspire me? Well I have been listening to these kind of stories ever since I started my school but they have failed install in me the bit of determination. Conclusion : Even if God comes in person and does a miracle, I am still going to remain in the same scale of life.                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to you